Schiffert Health Center maintains an appointments only system. Students may make appointments online or by phone. Appointments and student health information cannot be requested through email. If you have a medical emergency, do not make a Schiffert Health Center appointment, call 911.
Using the Online Student Health Portal
Students may make appointments online through the Online Student Health Portal (OSH) for the Medical Clinic and Women's Clinic only. Call Schiffert Health Center for appointments in all other clinics.
When making an appointment online, simply check off the symptoms that apply to your condition and select an available time.
Receive Secure Messages
Students may receive messages that can include important information to their health—such as lab results—from health center practitioners. Students will be notified by email prompting them to log into the OSH to read their message.
Update and Review Media History
Students may view and update their Virginia Tech medical history within the OSH, including allergy and medication information, past medical issues, and immunization history. Incoming students must still mail or fax a completed Immunization History Form (PDF | 800KB) to Schiffert Health Center.
Making Appointments by Phone
Call 540-231-6444 for the clinical appointment menu. Options for Medical Clinic appointments:
- For routine care, appointments can be scheduled up to two weeks in advance.
- For an acute medical problem, you should be able to schedule an appointment within 24 to 48 hours. The only student visits that will be handled on a walk-in basis are urgent care cases. We know your time is valuable and we will make every effort to serve you as quickly as possible.
- If you feel your problem is more immediate in nature and that you require evaluation earlier than your appointment time, ask to speak to the triage nurse.
- If you have a health center provider preference, please indicate this when you call for an appointment.
Because of the high demand for the limited number of appointments available at Schiffert Health Center, it is important that you keep your appointment; if you are unable to do so, cancel it before the time of the appointment so that another student may fill it. Failure to do so will result in a $25.00 charge that will be billed to you through the university’s Student Accounts. This charge is applied to missed appointments in all clinics.
Cancellations may be made by:
- Calling Schiffert Health Center at 540-231-6444
- Online at the Online Student Health Portal (OSH)
- Sending an email to email@example.com
Be sure to include your name, student ID number, and the date and time of the appointment to be cancelled.
Arriving for your Appointment
Plan to arrive 15 minutes before your scheduled appointment. If you are late for your appointment, Schiffert Health Center may ask that you reschedule your appointment at a later day/time.
Make sure to check in at the appropriate clinic for your appointment.